“Aluminium packaging can be used perfectly in the microwave without risk to either the oven or the user, if the instructions of use are correctly followed.”
Aluminium containers and the microwave, the perfect combination
The prestigious Fraunhofer Institute in Germany has verified that aluminium containers are totally safe to use in microwave ovens. This study (requested by the European Association of Aluminium Foil (EAFA), not only demonstrates that it is totally safe but it is also more effective than any other material:
- It conducts the heat more efficiently
- Versatile and light
- Economic in comparison to other types of containers
- 100% recyclable
Aluminium packaging can be used perfectly in the microwave without risk to either the oven or the user, if the microwave was manufactured post 1983 and the instructions of use are correctly followed.
Palco® pioneer in the development of aluminium containers for the food industry, offers a wide range of trays and packaging to provide the users with food to be warmed up in aluminium packaging, that is not only safe and quick but also provides a more tempting appearance.
Aluminium trays in the microwave oven: The right way to do it?
- The aluminium lid must be removed from the tray before use.
- The meal should cover most of the fl oor of the tray.
- Place the aluminium tray in the middle of the turntable in the microwave oven. Attention: if your microwave oven is equipped with a metal turntable, please place a ceramic or glass plate beneath the tray.
- The aluminium dish must not come into contact with the walls of the microwave (minimum distance to the walls: 2cm).
- Only one aluminium tray may be used in the microwave oven at a time.
Please read and follow the instructions of use carefully